Happy Earth Week, Hokies!
Throughout the week there will be fun events around campus hosted by the Environmental Coalition at Virginia Tech. You can see a full lineup of their events for the week here. Curious what Dining Services is doing to celebrate Earth Week? Checkout our sustainable dining events below!
Monday, 4/17 –
- 11 AM – 2 PM: Reusable to-go promotion tabling at Owens Food Court. We will be working with SGA and the Office of Sustainability to promote reducing waste and “going green” with our OZZI containers. Take our “reusable to-go pledge” and grab some reusable to-go swag!
- Visit D2 for a special local tofu bahn mi featured in the East Side Deli shop.
Tuesday, 4/18 –
- Visit Owens Food Court’s Carvery station for local pork loin and roasted sweet potatoes.
Wednesday, 4/19 –
- 11 AM – 2 PM: Reusable to-go promotion tabling at Turner Place.
- Check out Turner Place’s Atomic Pizza for pizzas topped with vegetables grown on the Dining Services Farm. Turner will also have locally produced New York strip loin at their Fire Grill shop.
Thursday. 4/20 –
- 11 AM – 2 PM: Sustainable Dining at VT and Farms & Fields will be tabling at the pop-up farmers market on the drillfield. Learn about Farms & Fields and snag some free samples, and grab some sustainable dining goodies! There will also be lots of amazing local vendors from the Blacksburg Farmers Market, so bring some cash!
Friday, 4/21 –
- 11 AM – 2 PM: Reusable to-go promotion tabling at West End Market.
- Come by West End Market’s JP’s Chop House for almond peppered North Carolina Trout with Beurre Noisette.
All week long Deet’s coffee shop will also be featuring two flavors of local Homestead Creamery ice cream.